You’ve selected your perfect floorplan, determined every design element, and built your personalized home from the ground up. Now it’s time to close on your new home. As always, Ashton Woods is with you every step of the way. This guide was designed to help you walk into your closing appointment feeling confident about the process. Check Your Checklist Before your appointment, be sure the following items are completed or your closing could be delayed:
- Your interest rate is locked and you know exactly how much you will be paying each month
- You’ve submitted all necessary documents to your financial lender
- You’ve finalized your Homeowner’s Insurance
Walk This Way Closing on your new home can be so exciting, and even emotional, that it’s easy to forget the smallest of details – but it doesn’t have to be intimidating. As with most things, organization is key. Here’s a primer for your in-person appointment:
- First things first: Make sure you know exactly where your closing will take place. Seriously, you’d be surprised how often this oversight happens.
- Have funds on hand: Be prepared to send a wire transfer using your financial institution, including wiring instructions for your Closing Attorney or Closing Agent. This will help make the money transfer portion of the process much simpler.
- Roll call: Your closing should be attended by all parties on the contract as well as the spouses of all parties on the contract – this is important for legal purposes. If you’ve made other arrangements, such as Power of Attorney, those parties will need to be in attendance as well. If this is the case, please confirm that the Ashton Woods Closing Coordinator, Closing Attorney or Closing Agent, and Lender are all aware and have agreed to the arrangement. Ensuring the right people are in the room ahead of time will help save time and ease stress.
- Wrap it up: Finally, a valid Driver’s License or Government Issued ID is also necessary to complete the closing process.
We hope this short guide will help make the experience a smooth one. Also, may we be the first to say Congratulations on your new home! Welcome to the Ashton Woods family. Enjoy. Header Image: Visit Heritage at Crabapple, an Ashton Woods community in Atlanta, GA