Your closing date on your new Ashton Woods home is set, so the moving day will be here before you know it. Moving can be an overwhelming experience, but rest assured – this moving timeline will help you make sure you’re ready every step of the way.
Two Months Before Get Organized
- Go through your belongings and decide what to keep, sell, donate, or throw away. Pare down as much as possible to make the move easier.
- Create a detailed list of all of your belongings for insurance and planning purposes – this can also help you estimate moving costs.
- Make sure all of your important documents and records are organized and in a safe place.
One Month Before Getting Ready
- Investigate, select, and secure movers. This is also a good time to book any truck rentals if you’re moving some of your belongings yourself.
- Get supplies and start packing; always buy a bit more packing supplies than you’ll think you’ll need.
- Notify service providers of your moving date and make sure they’ll be able to set your new place up before move-in.
- Change your address with the U.S. postal service, insurance, banks, and other parties.
One Week Before: Confirm & Clean
- Double-check and make sure everything you’ve set up is still ready to go and be sure you’ve accounted for any last-minute changes.
- Give your current home a good cleaning, especially if you’re moving from a rental property.
The Night Before Final Preparations
- Pack essentials in your own carry bag so that when you get to your new Ashton Woods home you aren’t sorting through boxes to find the necessities. Some good items to include would be chargers, clean sheets, a change of clothes, toiletries, and snacks.
- Get a good night’s rest – it’s going to be a busy day!
Moving into a new home is an incredibly exciting moment, but it does come with its own set of challenges. We hope this guide helps you prepare and gets you excited for moving into your ideal Ashton Woods home.
Image Source: Ashton Woods